You Don't Have to Waste Time on Your Math Homework
Recognize When You Need Help in Math and Get It
- Staring at that page of math homework for an extensive period of time will not help you get that homework done.
- If you’re struggling with your homework and feel you are wasting a lot of time in trying to make sense of it all, don’t waste any more time. Get help. The quicker you learn to get help when you need it, the less time it will take to complete your math homework.
- Understanding and developing your math skills leads to less time spent at home working through problems.
Utilize Free Time in School to Get Your Math Homework Completed
- In almost every day of every student’s life at school, there is time set aside for students to complete assignments, or there are times when homework can be done.
- You can complete your math homework in study-hall. If the school hasn’t worked in a study-hall period for you every day or one for at least two or three periods per week, see if you can get your schedule changed. Go to your guidance counselor and discuss a request.
- You can also work on your math homework if there is available time during the morning’s homeroom stay, and you can also work on your homework during the lunch period.
- Distractions are probably the biggest contributing factor to wasting time on your math homework. If you know that you are easily distracted, you must discipline yourself into being less distracted.
- You can start by choosing a comfortable working environment that keeps you most alert and in a productive mood. For example, sit at the kitchen table or your desk and not on your bed.
- You will also be less distracted, and therefore, complete your homework faster if you don’t allow yourself to turn on the television or listen to music until your homework is complete
- Some people do work more efficiently with a little background noise, but do just that, keep it at a minimum. For example, if you do need music on, keep it on in the background with the volume lowered. Don’t put on a pair of headphones and crank up the volume.
The key to not wasting your time with math homework is using your time wisely. Use your time wisely by getting help as you need it, trying to complete as much of homework during school hours as you can and minimizing distractions while you are doing your homework at home or other place. If you follow these guidelines, you complete your math homework more quickly than you ever realized you could.